Image
SumanSpeaks Independent Capital Markets & Geopolitical Intelligence POLITICAL ECONOMY | PART 1: THE TELECOM TEST The Sangh’s Costliest Blunder: Keeping Narendra Modi in the Chair After Demonetisation and a Trail of U-Turns Two private giants, one state-propped survivor, roughly ₹3.22 lakh crore in announced BSNL revival and support packages (spectrum allocation included), and ₹1.41 lakh crore of AGR dues still on the books: telecom shows what happens when one man’s brand becomes the party’s only policy. This is an argument against Narendra Modi, not against the BJP. SYNOPSIS India’s telecom market has narrowed from a messy but real plurality into two dominant private networks, one weak private survivor kept alive by government equity, and a public operator that has needed about ₹3.22 lakh crore in announced support packages and spectrum allocations, not all of it cash. The 2010 spectrum auctions that started the debt spiral were a UPA-era event, and we say so plainly. But a ...
Sugar Stocks Retreat:

I have cautioned yesterday about entering Sugar Sector when some PMS were too bullish on them. It is because a very small percentage of their gains will be from the Ethanol based incomes and most of its revenues will come from Sugar and Sugar derivatives. Besides with good production in Brazil and the US going mainly for corn based ethanol production, I think the picture in the sugar sector will continue to grim in the days ahead. Yesterday, I have recommended Haldyn Glass Gujarat Ltd on the premise that the company will generate good returns due to the buoyancy in the Alcohol industry. The company is expected to clock an EPS of Rs.10--12 in FY08. Today Ansal Buildwell Ltd is showing strong movements and the next target seems to be Rs.120--Rs.130. This is a great company from the Ansals and I have mentioned that before also.....with a price target of Rs.500 at least in 2 years. Always play for the long term. U will be astonished to know that I purchased Ispat Industries at Rs.1 in 2002--2003 and SAIL at Rs.5 in the same period. I am still holding substantial amount of shares of the company and this acts as a cushion all the time. Suman Mukherjee India. suman2005s@rediffmail.com suman2007s@sify.com Note: The price of the package for the Premium Membership has been reduced after lot of SumanSpeaks members and other investors, appealed/ requested me to reduce the rates a bit , because many small investors cannot afford it.....I have heeded to their request and have decided to offer the service at a reduced price tag and have henceforth cancelled the price hike, effected from 1st September, 2007. Those who have paid the enhanced amount post 1st September, 2007, will be given service proportionately.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog