- After sluggish demand in April and May, June brought some good news for Coal India Ltd, as power plants started stocking fuel once again increasing coal off-take by 7-8%. According to sources, off-take for April-June period grew by 3% compared to the same period last year.
- The company recently announced signing two agreements with Solar Energy Corporation of India for implementation of solar power project in Madhya Pradesh. Coal India and Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) signed two agreements on 28 June 2016, for implementation of 200 megawatts (MW) solar power projects in Madhya Pradesh for the beneficial utilisation of solar power by Northern Coalfields (NCL) and South Eastern Coalfields (SECL) at an estimated cost of Rs.650 crore. NCL and SECL are subsidiaries of Coal India.
- There was a block deal of 500000 shares in Coal India at Rs.311.00 per share, valued at Rs.15.55 crore on BSE today.
- Citigroup maintains a buy rating on Coal India with a 12-month target price of Rs.380. Round I of linkage auction concluded recently, and Round II to commence soon. Round I for sponge iron saw muted response while Round II for cement is likely to commence in a week.
- Coal India's consolidated net profit rose 0.2% to Rs 4247.93 crore on 0.1% fall in net sales to Rs 20759.45 crore. Coal India is an organized state-owned coal mining corporate. The Government of India holds 79.65% stake in Coal India (as per the shareholding pattern as on 31 March 2016).
Presidential Elections: Support Dr.Meira Kumar
Bihar and Jharkhand governments have no choice but to support Dr.Meira Kumar. As defeat of "Bihar ki Beti" will invariably bring Shame to the Biharis and Jharkhandis (or erstwhile unified Bihar). Do you think that, people of Bihar will leave Nitish Kumar Scott - free, if Dr.Meira Kumar loses ? So, Nitish Kumar has very little option left but to support, Dr.Meira Kumar.
Moreover, if Nitish Kumar wants to fall in the BJP's well calculated electoral TRAP no one can save him in the next election.
Also, I am surprised to see Mr.Navin Pattanayak, so easily chewing the RSS bait. Orissa is a state, where there is large chunk of Tribal Christian voters loyal to the BJD (Biju Janata Dal). I am still to fathom, BJD's sudden electoral gamble of siding with the RSS and the BJP; when Mr.Pattanayak has been maintaining distance from them since some time.
Besides, the election of Dr.Meira Kumar, who is educated, experienced and very sober, might also correct some of the historical mistakes of not making her father, the Prime Minister of India.
Also, I don't think all the Muslim and Christian MPs and MLAs from the TDP and TRS will ever support a RSS backed Candidate, who acted against Dalit Christian and Muslin reservations. Therefore, invariably cross voting will take place, which might give the underdog, Ms.Kumar, a win. Support Dr.Meira Kumar, give a conscience vote and make her the 2nd Female President of India.
All the best to Dr.Meira Kumar.....👍✌
Friday, July 01, 2016
Buy Coal India Ltd at Rs.311