- Adani Enterprises is in the process of setting up a copper smelter project with a capacity of one million tonnes per annum at an investment of Rs.10,000 crore at Adani Port Special Economic Zone (APSEZ) in Gujarat. The project includes copper smelter, sulphuric acid plant, copper refinery, continuous cast copper wire rod plant, precious metal recovery plant, phosphoric acid plant, aluminium fluoride plant among others.
- Maharashtra, has lost 500 big and small industrial consumers due to high power tariffs over the past few years. The figures were released in a report submitted by the Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (MahaDiscom) to the Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission (MERC). The report proposes from 19% to 27% increases in power tariff for industrial, residential, farming consumers in the next four years, ending 2019-2020. An independent analysis of the proposal shows that consumers such as Raymonds, Bharat Forge and the Railways have, along with 500 industrial users, shifted to an ‘open grid’ access beginning 2012. Such a grid allows consumers with a large use of power — 1 megawatt (1 MW) and above — to buy cheaper power from other companies or suppliers in the market. This came after the Central government amended the Electricity Act, 2003 to allow a smooth transition for industrial users. Major players in the open grid are Mittal Processor Limited, Global Energy Private Limited and Adani Enterprises Limited. A positive development for the company.
Photo: Business Standard
- Giving much relief to the debt-laden companies, especially those form the infrastructure, power and metals and PSU banking sectors, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced a scheme for sustainable structuring of stressed assets (S4A) for resolution of bad loans of large projects. This development would not only strengthen the lenders' ability to deal with stressed assets, but would also put real assets back on track, benefitting both banks and the promoters of troubled entities. RBI said under the scheme, a portion of the debt will be converted into equity or other instruments under the supervision of IBA's overseeing committee. Basically, the scheme will cover those projects which have started commercial operations and have outstanding loans of over Rs 500 crore. This time RBI wants banks to segregate stressed loans into 'sustainable' and 'unsustainable' segments. Companies such as Jaypee Infratech, Adani Enterprises Ltd, etc, may get the benefit of RBI's sustainable structuring of stressed assets scheme.
- Analysts said the new scheme was better than previous such attempts at tackling bad loans. “On the one hand, RBI has allowed leveraged companies to have a comfortable capital position to service debt and on the other, banks do not have to necessarily take significant provisions to effect this change. We still need to see how many projects meet the conditions but this appears to be a major positive step for banks to reduce their gross non-performing loans,” said analysts at Kotak Institutional Equities.Experts said the schemes will particularly be beneficial for companies with operating assets and a high portion of sustainable loans.
- Adani Enterprises Ltd (AEL), flagship company of the $10 billion conglomerate Adani Group, registered a net profit of Rs.65 crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2016 where as the same was at Rs.72.80 crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2015, AEL said in its filing on BSE.
The company's total standalone income for Q4 of fiscal 2015-16 was Rs.2,249.82 crore whereas the same was at Rs.3,597.23 crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2015.
According to AEL, in view of the Gujarat High Court sanctioning the de-merger on May 07, 2015 of its port undertaking, power undertaking and transmission undertaking comprising the undertaking, businesses, activities, operations, assets (movable and immovable) and liabilities of AEL and transfer of the same to APSEZL, APL and ATL, respectively, the results of the fourth quarter and fiscal ending March 31, 2016 were not comparable with the previous period or year numbers.
Commenting on the results, Gautam Adani, Chairman Adani Group, said: "Our portfolio of businesses across Mining, Renewable energy and Agro vertical benefits from vastly improved macro-economic and regulatory environment. Encouraging policy initiatives particularly in renewable space, enables us to explore new business opportunities in the sector."
- Among its various businesses, AEL's mine development and operations (MDO) business at Parsa Kente saw the company extracting and supplying washed coal of 5.5 MMT to RRVUNL in FY'16 as compared to 3 MMT in FY'15.
- Under its city gas distribution business, the project implementation work at seven cities under joint venture with Indian Oil Corporation Limited is progressing as per the schedule, the company stated.
- AEL recently launched India's first Diabetic care oil under brand "VIVO" for specific target segment under its agro business.
Discrimination faced by Mumbaikars...
If the housing societies in Mumbai (Bombay) are only meant for families (married couples), then the government of Maharashtra should make marriage compulsory in the state/city.
Or else the government should tell its citizens where will Unmarried, Divorcees, Bachelors, Spinsters live in the city of skyscrapers or is Bombay only for those who have families.
This is one of the greatest mental blocks of Mumbaikars, who otherwise want to bask in the FALSE HALO of Cosmopolitanism.
This disease (of not giving apartments to Bachelors, Muslims, etc on rent) is specially prevalent in housing societies where the Gujaratis, Marathis and North Indians (to some extent) abound; while the rest of the population is more or less okay with the concept.
The government of Maharashtra should take this matter seriously and devise laws to eradicate this malice ASAP, so that BOMBAY (and its suburbs) becomes free of discrimination based on Marital Status, Religion, etc. Or else the Honourable Supreme Court of India should step in, and give directions to the state or central governments -- so that the fundamental rights of its citizens enshrined in the constitution of India is not violated.
Thursday, June 23, 2016
Adani Enterprises Ltd: Buy
SL: Rs.74 (no need to keep but still giving)