- Adani Enterprises is in the process of setting up a copper smelter project with a capacity of one million tonnes per annum at an investment of Rs.10,000 crore at Adani Port Special Economic Zone (APSEZ) in Gujarat. The project includes copper smelter, sulphuric acid plant, copper refinery, continuous cast copper wire rod plant, precious metal recovery plant, phosphoric acid plant, aluminium fluoride plant among others.
- Maharashtra, has lost 500 big and small industrial consumers due to high power tariffs over the past few years. The figures were released in a report submitted by the Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (MahaDiscom) to the Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission (MERC). The report proposes from 19% to 27% increases in power tariff for industrial, residential, farming consumers in the next four years, ending 2019-2020. An independent analysis of the proposal shows that consumers such as Raymonds, Bharat Forge and the Railways have, along with 500 industrial users, shifted to an ‘open grid’ access beginning 2012. Such a grid allows consumers with a large use of power — 1 megawatt (1 MW) and above — to buy cheaper power from other companies or suppliers in the market. This came after the Central government amended the Electricity Act, 2003 to allow a smooth transition for industrial users. Major players in the open grid are Mittal Processor Limited, Global Energy Private Limited and Adani Enterprises Limited. A positive development for the company.
Photo: Business Standard
- Giving much relief to the debt-laden companies, especially those form the infrastructure, power and metals and PSU banking sectors, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced a scheme for sustainable structuring of stressed assets (S4A) for resolution of bad loans of large projects. This development would not only strengthen the lenders' ability to deal with stressed assets, but would also put real assets back on track, benefitting both banks and the promoters of troubled entities. RBI said under the scheme, a portion of the debt will be converted into equity or other instruments under the supervision of IBA's overseeing committee. Basically, the scheme will cover those projects which have started commercial operations and have outstanding loans of over Rs 500 crore. This time RBI wants banks to segregate stressed loans into 'sustainable' and 'unsustainable' segments. Companies such as Jaypee Infratech, Adani Enterprises Ltd, etc, may get the benefit of RBI's sustainable structuring of stressed assets scheme.
- Analysts said the new scheme was better than previous such attempts at tackling bad loans. “On the one hand, RBI has allowed leveraged companies to have a comfortable capital position to service debt and on the other, banks do not have to necessarily take significant provisions to effect this change. We still need to see how many projects meet the conditions but this appears to be a major positive step for banks to reduce their gross non-performing loans,” said analysts at Kotak Institutional Equities.Experts said the schemes will particularly be beneficial for companies with operating assets and a high portion of sustainable loans.
- Adani Enterprises Ltd (AEL), flagship company of the $10 billion conglomerate Adani Group, registered a net profit of Rs.65 crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2016 where as the same was at Rs.72.80 crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2015, AEL said in its filing on BSE.
The company's total standalone income for Q4 of fiscal 2015-16 was Rs.2,249.82 crore whereas the same was at Rs.3,597.23 crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2015.
According to AEL, in view of the Gujarat High Court sanctioning the de-merger on May 07, 2015 of its port undertaking, power undertaking and transmission undertaking comprising the undertaking, businesses, activities, operations, assets (movable and immovable) and liabilities of AEL and transfer of the same to APSEZL, APL and ATL, respectively, the results of the fourth quarter and fiscal ending March 31, 2016 were not comparable with the previous period or year numbers.
Commenting on the results, Gautam Adani, Chairman Adani Group, said: "Our portfolio of businesses across Mining, Renewable energy and Agro vertical benefits from vastly improved macro-economic and regulatory environment. Encouraging policy initiatives particularly in renewable space, enables us to explore new business opportunities in the sector."
- Among its various businesses, AEL's mine development and operations (MDO) business at Parsa Kente saw the company extracting and supplying washed coal of 5.5 MMT to RRVUNL in FY'16 as compared to 3 MMT in FY'15.
- Under its city gas distribution business, the project implementation work at seven cities under joint venture with Indian Oil Corporation Limited is progressing as per the schedule, the company stated.
- AEL recently launched India's first Diabetic care oil under brand "VIVO" for specific target segment under its agro business.
Presidential Elections: Support Dr.Meira Kumar
Bihar and Jharkhand governments have no choice but to support Dr.Meira Kumar. As defeat of "Bihar ki Beti" will invariably bring Shame to the Biharis and Jharkhandis (or erstwhile unified Bihar). Do you think that, people of Bihar will leave Nitish Kumar Scott - free, if Dr.Meira Kumar loses ? So, Nitish Kumar has very little option left but to support, Dr.Meira Kumar.
Moreover, if Nitish Kumar wants to fall in the BJP's well calculated electoral TRAP no one can save him in the next election.
Also, I am surprised to see Mr.Navin Pattanayak, so easily chewing the RSS bait. Orissa is a state, where there is large chunk of Tribal Christian voters loyal to the BJD (Biju Janata Dal). I am still to fathom, BJD's sudden electoral gamble of siding with the RSS and the BJP; when Mr.Pattanayak has been maintaining distance from them since some time.
Besides, the election of Dr.Meira Kumar, who is educated, experienced and very sober, might also correct some of the historical mistakes of not making her father, the Prime Minister of India.
Also, I don't think all the Muslim and Christian MPs and MLAs from the TDP and TRS will ever support a RSS backed Candidate, who acted against Dalit Christian and Muslin reservations. Therefore, invariably cross voting will take place, which might give the underdog, Ms.Kumar, a win. Support Dr.Meira Kumar, give a conscience vote and make her the 2nd Female President of India.
All the best to Dr.Meira Kumar.....👍✌
Thursday, June 23, 2016
Adani Enterprises Ltd: Buy
SL: Rs.74 (no need to keep but still giving)