Terminalisation opportunities are being explored for Coal Terminal, Liquid cum General Cargo Terminal, LNG Terminal and Container Terminal. Port has created lot of interest among national and international bulk cargo traders.
MARG Swarnabhoomi is located on the scenic East Coast Road, midway between Chennai and Puducherry.
Swarnabhoomi Academy of Music (SAM) is the first professional college of music in India offering a range of programs in contemporary music that includes rock, jazz, classical and world music. The students from 6 countries have been in enrolled in SAM. SAM has signed the Initial twining partner agreement with McNally Smith an international music school based out of Minnesota. SAM is also awaiting the international experience agreement from McNally. The construction of the Science & Technology Park with world class amenities is in full swing and 80% of the project is completed.
MARG Institute of Design and Architecture Studies (MIDAS) operating in Swarnabhoomi offers two-five year undergraduate programs - Bachelor of Architecture and Bachelor of Architecture Interior Design and is affiliated to Anna University. 80 students have enrolled in the course offered by MIDAS in 2012-13. MOU with Central Institute of Technology, Australia and ITEES, Singapore is signed for multidisciplinary vocational and and hospitality programs respectively.
To capitalize the residential demand and with a clear understanding of the real estate business backed by scale, people, process and technology coupled with innovation, MARG ProperTies is poised to garner a large market share across a wide product range.
- MARG Ltd's FY13, Revenue Stands at Rs.762 Crore, including EPC revenue of Rs.748 Crores, with Current order book at around Rs.3,800 Crores-plus. Its 9M-Income comes at Rs.233.47 Crore. It is expected to end FY14, with a total revenue of Rs.300-310 crores.
- Karaikal Port Private Limited (KPPL), a subsidiary of the Company has successfully handled 6.61 MMT of multi-cargo in FY12-13 and reported a top line of Rs.277 Crores and EBITDA Rs.133 Crores. The Port has handled 19MMT of Cargo since its commencement.
- MARG Swarnabhoomi has sold 402 apartments (0.4 million sqft) with sale value of Rs.74 Crores during FY12-13, taking cumulative sale booking to 2042 apartments (2.02 million sqft) with sale value of Rs.341 Crores. In FY14, the company is expected to generate around Rs.85-90 crores from the sale of apartments.
- MARG ProperTies Limited, the real estate arm of MARG has sold 369 units (0.4 million sq ft) in FY12-13, with sale value of Rs.132 Crores, taking cumulative sale booking to 1966 apartments (2.12 million sqft) with sale value of Rs.552 Crores. In FY14, also, the numbers will be along the expected lines.
- MARG bagged a double at CIDC Vishwakarma Awards 2013: G R K Reddy, CMD – MARG Group was chosen as ‘Industry Doyen’ & MARG Ltd, as the ‘Best Professionally Managed Company’.
- MARG Karaikal Port was Chosen as the ‘Innovative Port of the Year’ at South East CEO Conclave & Awards, 2012.
- Two awards at 'Construction Week Awards 2012' at Mumbai:
(i) Excellence in CSR (Winner)
(ii) Infrastructure Company of the year (Runner up).
- Marg Ltd has total of 58 Subsidiaries as on 31st March 2013, out of which 5 Non Wholly-Owned Companies and 53 Wholly-Owned Companies, including 25 Step-down Subsidiaries.
- JOINT VENTURE: The Company has following major joint venture companies:
- (i) M/s. Future Parking Private Limited (in which MARG holds 51% of paid-up share capital), is a joint venture with M/s. Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited for the development of Multi Level Car Parking (MLCP) at Wallace Garden, Chennai on BOT basis, with a provision of right for development of commercial complex along with the MLCP facility for the entire BOT period.
(ii) Signa Infrastructure India Limited (in which MARG holds 74% of paid –up share capital), is a joint venture with M/s. Housing and Urban Development Corporation Limited (HUDCO) for Techno-Financial collaboration.
(iii) M/s. Rajakamangalam Thurai Fishing Harbour Private Limited (in which MARG holds 39% of paid-up share capital), is into joint venture with M/s. Rajakamangalam Thurai Development Trust to develop a fishing Harbour at Rajakamangalam Thurai in Kanyakumari District of Tamil Nadu.
The infrastructure industry is expecting a MAJOR IMPROVEMENT, this year (FY15), after suffering a repeated setbacks, during the last three fiscals (FY12, FY13 and FY14).
Caution & Conclusion
Marg Ltd (Rs.19.95) is a huge company and slowly its share price would move towards Rs.89-90 mark or may be even higher. Hence, buy the shares of the company whenever it comes out of the circuits and keep holding. Moreover, if SEBI order on OPEN OFFER is enforced in future by the honourable Supreme Court of India, then it could move towards Rs.300 plus mark in the coming days. It is Mega-Bagger in the making, therefore, it is a must for every portfolio.