(iii) Buy Punj Lloyd Ltd at Rs.25.15, T--Rs.27, SL--Rs.23.40.
Glodyne Tech Ltd (Rs.8.55) and Geodesic Ltd (Rs.4.79) has been hitting the buyer Freeze, since the last few days, on better future prospects. The IT index is up today by 70 points.
Everonn Education Ltd hit the buyer freeze in the morning, only to cool down a bit. Robust classroom additions, improving penetration within schools and introduction of compulsory courses in colleges, are expected to improve the quality of earnings in VITELS. With business mix trending towards the high margin/ value creating businesses, incremental growth coming from the JV with NSDC, and investment structure in place for fueling back-ended growth (K-12 and B-schools), EEDU’s business clearly holds merit. EEDU has the potential to garner enhanced scalability, profitability and thereby value over the longer term, with execution in K-12 as also skill development being critical. Further, it is expected that the JV with NSDC reflects the inherent benefits of inducting co-promoter Nikhil Gandhi, into the company. Given the current spate of positive news, I will not be surprised if the scrip crosses Rs.50, in the next couple of months time frame. Q1 is generally a weak quarter, so we may not give too much importance to Q1FY14 results. But, the stock which was around Rs.160-170, only a year back, is now trading at almost one sixth that price. No wonder it was around Rs.1100 plus in 2008-2009. Amongst New businesses under Other’s segment, Everonn Skill Development (ESDL) and the Business School (under EBEL subsidiary) continues to add to its bottomline. Further the company also made 9 K-12 Kenbridge schools and 1 Winfinity (International K-12) school operational in Q1FY12, which has started contributing to revenues from Q2FY12 onwards. Now you can decide what to do with this scrip.
BANKING: The government will "sufficiently enhance" capital infusion into state-owned banks over the budgeted 140 bln rupees for the current year, the finance ministry has said.
• ABB (INDIA): The Bombay HC has approved the merger of Baldor Electric with company.
• ASHOK LEYLAND: To launch multi-utility vehicle Stile and light commercial vehicle Dost Express in October.
• BPCL: Has signed a long-term agreement with Prodair Air Products India for supply of hydrogen, nitrogen and steam to the company's integrated refinery expansion project in Kochi.
• CLARIANT CHEMICALS: Has said its Roha plant in Maharashtra is now compliant with global auditable standards that specify requirements for cosmetic product safety management.
• GODREJ CONSUMER PRODUCTS: Is gearing up to set up factories in Tanzania and Uganda.
• MAHINDRA & MAHINDRA: South Korean arm, Ssyangyong Motor Co, sold a total of 10,436 units in September, up 2.8% on year.
• MANAPPURAM FINANCE: US-based private equity firm TPG is in talks with the promoters of the company for buying a minority stake.
• MOIL: Has raised prices of most manganese ore grades by 5% for Oct-Dec.
• PERSISTENT SYSTEMS: Has opened a software development centre in Ohio, US, to collaborate with local companies.
• PIONEER DISTILLERIES: Diageo Plc has bought 4.4% stake, or 585,000 shares in the company through the open offer route as against a target of 2.5 mln shares.
• SUN PHARMACEUTICAL: Shareholders have approved an enabling resolution to raise up to 120 bln rupees through equity over the next one year--raising the limit by 50% from the previous year--and also raised investment limit by two-thirds to enable inorganic growth.
• SRF: Promoter KAMA Holdings on Monday increased stake in company to 52.10% from 49.95%.
• ZEE MEDIA: To acquire up to 100% stake in Maurya TV.
• AAREY DRUGS: Board has approved the demerger of part of the petrochemical business into Enam Organics India.