|Please Click on the Photo to Expand|
About Opto Circuits (I) Ltd (Rs.22.40):
Based in Bengaluru, Opto Circuits India Ltd (OCI) is engaged in the development, manufacture, distribution and marketing of medical equipment and devices. OCI also provides ancillary and complementary services such as after-sales service for the patient monitoring devices.
Opto Circuits (India) Ltd. (OCI) is a vertically integrated multinational medical technology Group that specializes in primary, acute and critical care products for the global markets. Group companies such as Cardiac Science, Criticare, Eurocor, Mediaid, AMDL and Unetixs Vascular are leaders in vital signs monitors, emergency cardiac care equipment, vascular treatments and sensing technologies. Its USFDA listed and CE marked products are marketed in more than 150 countries and sold through direct and indirect sales channels across many emerging and developing economies.
Its medical equipment business can be broadly classified into two segments viz:
- Invasive (equipment that require the entry of a needle, or other instrument into a part of the body e.g. coronary stents) which contributes 25% of its revenues and
- Non-invasive (equipments used to monitor health, but which do not enter body for e.g. Digital thermometer, sensors, etc.) which contributes 75% of revenues.
OCI’s range of products includes Pulse Oximeters, Pulse Oximeter Sensors, fluid warmers, Cholesterol monitors and Stents and is sold in more than 100 countries.
The company has made several acquisitions over the years and currently has 14 subsidiaries based out of 3 continents. OCI has a strong R&D base and holds more than 40 patents. It derives majority of its revenue from exports (around 94%). Hence any depreciation of the INR should be acting as positive for the company.
- Advanced Micronic Devices Ltd.,
- Cardiac Science Corporation,
- Criticare Systems Inc.,
- Devon Innovations Pvt Ltd.,
- Eurocor Gmbh,
- Maxcor Lifescience Inc.,
- Mediaid Inc.,
- N.S. Remedies Pvt. Ltd.,
- Opto Cardiac Care Ltd.,
- Opto Circuits (Malaysia) SDN BHD,
- Opto Eurocor Healthcare Ltd.,
- Opto Infrastructure Ltd.,
- Ormed Medical Technology Ltd., Unetixs Vascular Inc.
Its clients include Philips Medizine Systems, General Electric Medical Systems, Life Stream Technologies etc. and hospitals like Apollo, Escorts, Breach Candy, Lilavati and Wockhardt. It was incorporated in 1992 and got listed in 2000. It was earlier ranked in Forbes’ Asia’s 200 Best under a Billion lists in 2008, 2009 and 2011. For more information, please visit: www.optoindia.com.
For investor questions, contact Opto Circuits at firstname.lastname@example.org or +91.80.2852.8088
SOURCE: Cardiac Science Corporation, Wikipedia and Internet